View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #30
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Nice! Yeah when I first saw it come up for sale I wanted it but didn't have all the money to comfortably dump on it at the time, I was surprised that it was still available.

I am buying my airline ticket this week, May 1st-13th, what about you? Would be nice to meet up.
Oh wow, you're getting there only a few days before Matsuri. I'll be there from April 16-May 6, so we'll get some driving time in together!

We know a few people that are going again, so we'll have a little crew; anything you need, just ask and I'm more than willing to help.

Also, I have a rental car booked, if you don't get one, and need to get anywhere quick. Like 7/11, or such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
I'll help.

Maxstyle seems to know what he's talking about. Tire changing tools is a must!

Since you're getting to Japan 2 days before Matsuri, not sure if you be able to make it to an Upgarage. If you can, then you just pick up new studs and used lugnuts there.

Tarp is a good idea if you're out in the open but better advice would be to get there early so you can get a covered bay. I would say 6-8 hours before opening time to get in the front of the line, the waiting line gets long as hell! Make sure you know where you want to be at and how to get there once inside the gate. (North, Minami, etc.) If you don't, then you may lose the bay you wanted. This what I usually do and just bring my onesie if I need to get on the floor and fix something. If you want to buy one for $20-30, go to Don Quijote.

JR Pass would be the better/cheaper option if you plan to use the train a lot. FYI, trains shut down from ~1am-5am.
Better yet, just bring studs and lug nuts with you from home. I brought a full arms kit, for S13, the last time we went, and it came in handy when my girlfriend continued to find craters on the side of North Course, lol.

A onesie is a must, for sure. Nothing sucks worse than working on cars, and drifting, in the same gross clothes. They were quite expensive, at the Home Centers, in Japan, so I'd try to find one before you head out.

Our B&B is a KM up the road, from the track, so we can save you a spot, the morning of Matsuri. It gets packed REAL quick. For reference, do NOT show up the night before and park your car in a bay because the track officials will move it with a fork lift. This is to give everyone the opportunity to have a bay.

I'd suggest getting a bay down at Minami. That's where the real fun is, at night. North Course, and school course, also get packed, but school course is within walking distance, so you can just walk up and watch, or its a quick drive to turn some laps.

North Course is SO buggy, even last fall, so I can imagine it's going to be worse in the Spring. The bee's are massive, lol.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote