View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
hastyk

Trader Rating: (0)
hastyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Recirculation Valve Question from a Noob

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum, so im not quite sure where this should go...so if its in the wrong spot, I'm sorry. I had a quick question that I couldnt get summed up by searching on the forum or a general google search.

This is my daily driver. I'm not new to the turbo game by any means, but have never used a recirculation valve.

I'm young, but I'm a big fan of using old school tricks and whatnot to get the upper hand...my current setup has been a ka24de with a ported intake with butterflies and all the emissions shiz deleted, a stage 3 clutch, and I'm running trackbite (for those that don't know, trackbite is a compound that breaks the tire down and helps it stick).

I'm in the process of a ka24det build and plan on running a holset hx35 with a .70 a/r bullseye housing for budget reasons/I have a rebuilt one sitting on my shelf.

My question is- can I run the recirculation valve back to the manifold to help keep spool through shifting?

I understand it wouldn't help with first gear spool, but on paper, this idea sounds like it'd be great to keep that turbo spooled considering it is pretty big.

Thanks guys,
Kevin
hastyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links