View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
hybrid DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
hybrid DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericforumname View Post
they actually said in that article that they won't cover the details of the engine build. the fuck? someone tell those guys to start up a build thread. I care little for the car i just want to know what magic they used to build that thing.

did Nissan ever have a 20v head? I thought they always had 16v heads and then developed ones with more efficient head designs with better flow.

edit: sorry didn't realize the people from the build posted this, MORE ENGINE DETAILS!
No worries, we are planning another write up on the engine and turbo system after August in Speed Week. We simply just dont have time right now. Regarding the build thread, I started one on here over a year ago but stopped updating it due to lack of interest. If you want to see more details about the car build you can go to the link below.

Project 240sx LSR

Also the "20v" designation is misleading. Its not a 20 valve, instead 20v is what nissan called the last and best of the SR20VE engines. In other words, "sr20ve 20v." this is where we got our head from.
hybrid DET is offline   Reply With Quote