View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #36
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Time for a quick little update!

So we left off with grabbing the new motor and giving it a clean.

The big problem with why the new motor was so dirty was that the timing chain cover was leaking from where it meets the head gasket.

I wasn't about to put a motor in and get it all greasy again after cleaning. Also, I have heard bad things about cometic head gaskets so I decided to change it out for a new Tomei one since the motor was currently out on the ground.

Never done this before so my buddy Liam came over and gave ma a hand disassembling the head and replacing the headgasket.

While we had the head off we cleaned up the pistons so the CP forged pistons were nice and shinny again.

After that was all done I started to pull the blown motor out of the car to make way for the new heart.

Going back to the midmount manifold. Since the original position of the wastegate pipe is meant for RHD cars the steering shaft is directly in the way. I have seen other people reroute the pipe around the steering shaft but that would have to be done on the car and not while the manifold was being made in Australia..

Also the Greddy type R wastegate is absolutely MASSIVE and it would be a tight squeeze. I still wanted to use that gate either way. So I came up with the idea of placing the wastegate between the front crossmember and front sway bar (next to the oil pan), since there is quite a lot of room there. Having the extra motor on the side made mocking it up extra easy.

I took my wastegate and placed it where i needed to to be and took a bunch of pictures with measurements that I sent to the manifold builder.

The manifold arrived shortly after. Turned out great! Very impressed with the quality.

Sorry for the short post, I'll be catching up on the rest tomorrow.

Thanks!

Joe.