View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #16
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
i would highly recommend switching to the solid face type TOB as well as replacing all of your hydraulic based parts while you have the tranny off (new carrier unit, pins, clips, pivot ball etc).

ive had nothing but issues with the open face type (ACT and Exedy supply these in the box). i have been using the solid face type TOB religiously now for almost 10 years with ZERO issues (ran into a lot of engagement and catching issue with the open face type a while back ACT supplied me, swapped back OE to solid face and all problems went bye bye)

EDIT: one other thing to check is the threads of both the input shaft and the clutch itself... it MAY be catching due to improperly finished surfaces. take some 200 grit sandpaper to both and clean them up.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote