View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #18
afracer

Trader Rating: (0)
afracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumping an old thread, sorry for that, but I'm having some really really weird fuel pressure issues.

Car started running rich and very erratic; AFR's are all over the place, I've finally picked up a fuel pressure gauge and have narrowed it down to the FPR after replacing a lot of things. Here's where it gets tricky...

Car has a Nismo adjustable FPR. Hooked up the gauge to the fuel rail inlet and this thing is getting 90 psi according to the gauge, wow that explains the richness. Moving the adjustment screw in either direction has absolutely no effect on the fuel pressure.

So I bought another stock type brand new FPR (non-adjustable), and it also shoots straight to 90 psi and just stays there regardless of vaccum line on/off/plugged, whatever.

What the hell could be causing this problem?! Obviously the fuel pump is working like a champ. Could have a bad gauge I guess, even though it is also brand new. This is really frustrating, I've never encountered anything quite like this before. I might try to get another gauge to see if the one I got is a dud, cause this makes no sense.
afracer is offline   Reply With Quote