View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #60
a3dicbillygoat

Trader Rating: (0)
a3dicbillygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't have time to take pictures so this part is all Hellan Keller sorry. Staying awake till 1-2am every morning then waking up at 6am to go to work absolutely sucked. The week before the event was total fucking hell

I was happy with the placement of all my components and started running fuel lines.

Everything was going smooth as shit. Then when I went to remove a fitting that was over torqued from ATL's factory on my swirl pot the nut free spun in the pot creating a leak. Literally 2 nights before the event. I called ATL and they next day air freighted me one Friday but it wouldn't make it here in time. Next I pulled out the JB weld and stopped the leaks. But now that I was stuck with the fitting that was in the swirl pot I had to run adapters and other bullshit I didn't plan on or have Friday at lunch luckily I was able to find a local shop that carried AN fittings. Primed the system for the first time at 2am on Saturday let it run for a while to double check for leaks. Nothing where good to go.

Loaded the car up at 8 am and headed to the track

EVENT UPDATE
THE GRAND DRIFT CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND 3 at Gainsville raceway

This being my first ever competition event and my first time ever trying to actually tandem close to someone with a car I completely changed the weight bias on and drove about 8 miles total the night before the event I had no idea what to expect.

I qualified seventh. I thought that I should have been higher but that's drifting

Me and Alex segal (LS vert)went up against each other and I knocked him out of comp. if he wouldn't have spun when I was chasing him it probably would have gone one more time. He said he could hear me getting close so he pushed it to hard. His car was putting out so much more smoke then I have ever seen chasing someone which was pretty intense going into a corner halfway blind. it made it almost impossible to see on switch backs but I kept up with him and started gettin more comfortable without full vision.

http://youtu.be/FhmZCGsTADg my chase run

Next run was against a LS with a ms3 cam. I expected his car to be fast but that was not the case. Initiated on his ass and literally couldn't left foot brake enough to go slow enough and hang with him. Tried gas to e brake to gas to e brake over and over but still couldn't go slow enough. My lead run against him I gapped him then hucked it into the last corner and spun when my front tire hit my wheel well. I knew I lost already because my chase run but it was all good.

Knowing I lost I had to put up the ✌️

http://youtu.be/0UmrQhvG8pQ You can see how much faster my car was on my lead run.

Now I'm in the losers bracket. This was for third place.

I Went against a Miata that qualified first and it was a great run. I was really close to him the whole run and was starting to get the hang of this whole tandem thing.

My lead run I gapped him and then I just went to hard into the last corner again and almost spun. I held it held but went into the grass with my front tores on the next switch back so I lost that battle. The staff handed me the walkie talkie with Kelsey Rawlings (main judge) on the other end and she told me I would have won if I didn't go retard into the last corner. http://youtu.be/giRL2IDTGck

But it was an awesome event. I leaned so much and it was sweet to see my car actually preform against other cars with more power and be faster than them.

The whole car will be painted hopefully soon this new year so I'm not going to worry about changing the wing color.
a3dicbillygoat is offline   Reply With Quote