View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #112
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post
Depends on who you talk to. Average rent in SF for an apartment is inching towards $3200. Rent for places around my work is around $4500-$5500+.

There was a 7% decrease in house sales MoM because people are getting priced out of the market. The median price for a home in SF is now $1M, it's the first time ever the median has hit 7 figures. Let's not even talk about housing prices, lol.
I should have rephrased or been more specific. There are areas that command top dollar for houses. San Fransisco is an outlier in the US while talking about rent and house prices...

$605K over asking in the Bay?

Yeah I get that the cost of living is higher/lower depending on which state you're living in, but that's the same in Canada (Province wise). It's just what I've seen from friends and family who are currently living in the US, your dollars go a LOT further then here.

Oh and the median house price in my town is $499K

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote