View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Ka24de (WONT IDLE W/Maf plugged in) READ ENTIRE POST

Ok guys. I need help on why my car wont idle

I just finished rebuild on my motor, its a dual exhaust cam KA (previous owner did it) anyways i put everything back together and cant figure out why my car wont idle BUT today i got it to idle by unplugging the maf sensor after i cleaned the maf and did all that. Car jumps to like 2k and dies afterwards with maf plugged in, unplugged it sits steadilyish at 1500 cold. I have timed the distributor and playing with the cap (retarding/advancing) hasnt effected my idle from what i can tell as i move it while its running. I havent cleaned the iacv, am willing to try but, keep in mind The car was running fine before rebuild, the iacv shouldnt fail right after i put everything together, thatd be unfortunate and confusing lol.

I do want to try adjusting the tps, but then again IT WAS running fine before i just burnt a lot of oil.

Therefore i think it could possibly be vacuum leak, or something not plugged in properly, or a sensor, possibly
Maf, but then again why would the maf just take a shit all the sudden when the cars only ran for a total of around 10-20 minutes since i pulled it. With maf unplugged it is in limp mode below 3k and check engine comes on. Although i really hope its my maf, i truly doubt it is. If anyone has an idea on what i can check, let me know anything helps, and if anyone has a diagram for vacuum or pictures of the setup for ka’s, i could also use that as well so i can review all of my lines. Pictures and video to come. Maf wasnt that dirty after cleaning.

The motor bounces around in the bay like a grenade as well. Like its detonating or something, but its not giving me a sensor code on ecu, im not sure if thats how it works though, if it will give me a knock sensor code if its detonating. Whatever im rambling now, i just need ideas so i can drive my daily again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links