View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #69
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
VG motors are easier to mount up to the 240, era correct and will hold like 500 ft lbs on a stock bottom end.
But suffer the same issues as any old Nissan engine, if it's not a VR38 nothing is in stock.

The SR for example has no VVL cams and very few det available at the moment OEM or aftermarket, Manley is backordered on rods, virgin cores are borderline impossible to source, rockers come in sets of 2 every couple of weeks from Nissan, I could go on and on as a guy who spends 40 hours a week advising builds and helping customers source parts I can confidently say that building a 80-90's Nissan engine is one of the biggest headaches you could currently ask for, hence why I'd move on to a Toyota or GM platform as they have a much larger aftermarket with more competing businesses influencing production.