View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #48
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore View Post
Thanks for the pointers. I'll add a couple degrees in before the next event. My tire's only have a max pressure, so I'm not sure how low I should take them. I had them at 30 all around.

A front sway bar is a good idea. The nose is really diving in the pictures that were taken. What would be a good size to go with. I found this thread which outlines sway bar options. I would guess you have to match it to your spring rate, so lower spring rates larger bar dia?

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=108009

I have tein super streets - 6kg front & rear. stock front bar, hicas rear.
Stiffer front springs are in order, I would say start with 8k. You can drill another set of adjustment holes in the front sway bar to make it stiffer. I used to run the SE 25mm front sway bar with stiffer adjustment holes drilled about 3/4" in front of the stock endlink mounting points. As for your rear bar, GET RID OF IT. The HICAS 21mm rear bar is way too stiff. With that bar combined with your soft front springs I bet the car is VERY loose on the throttle. I used to run without a rear swaybar at all and the rear grip on the throttle was MUCH improved.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote