View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #30
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
well your vac reading should be around 20 hg on stock cams. with HKS i'm not sure but i think it should be like 15? Is the car slow? or does it just not hit boost till 4k? It is a t25 after all.

I’ll check my vac again, but yeah they are hks step 1. I have driven the car before this happen, and yes it is a lot slower even though it is still a t25. I believe full boost should be around 2700 or 3000 rpm. Mine just seems like it can do anything with the air the turbo is pushing in until 4k rpm. Once it hits, it seems all normal.
Plus, when shifting into gears or driving and putting into neutral, the car doesn’t die, but rpm drops all the way to zero and then it jumps up to where it should be. i.e. driving 5th gear on 45mph, clutch and put into neutral. Car rpm will drop ALL THE WAY to zero and then goes back up to where it should be. Sometimes, it even shuts off the engine in neutral, and then when you put it back into gear, engine turns back on. Hope this will help problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgrasman View Post
hmmm....please explain to me how it could be a belt?
Quote:

just to restate what i had b4

idle A/F is on average 15 to 17 on AEM Wideband
idle is also a little rough "900rpm to 1100rpm" i would imagine bc of it being lean
while driving normal it is 14.7 to 15.8
and while full throttle it is 15 to 16.7
that is seriously lean!
and its not knocking nor pinging......please explain this retardedness.....
Can you try n not get my info messed up with yours. I know we both have pretty similair problems but try and not to get it mixed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
10-12 is low for vac.. you've got a leak or you've got a cam off a tooth.. idling rough at 900RPM with step 1 hks's... nope.. RAS can't cause the failure you're describing.. don't worry about them..

Cam tooth could be off, but I don’t know for sure. Like I said, I had shop do whole head all over. You are confusing djgrasman info and my info. Mines don’t idle rough at all. I think it SHOULD idle rougher or sound more noisy with cams bc after the first install of cams, it sounded kind of like a dragster at idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
well your vac reading should be around 20 hg on stock cams. with HKS i'm not sure but i think it should be like 15? Is the car slow? or does it just not hit boost till 4k? It is a t25 after all.

I’ll check my vac again, but yeah they are hks step 1. I have driven the car before this happen, and yes it is a lot slower even though it is still a t25. I believe full boost should be around 2700 or 3000 rpm. Mine just seems like it can do anything with the air the turbo is pushing in until 4k rpm. Once it hits, it seems all normal.
Plus, when shifting into gears or driving and putting into neutral, the car doesn’t die, but rpm drops all the way to zero and then it jumps up to where it should be. i.e. driving 5th gear on 45mph, clutch and put into neutral. Car rpm will drop ALL THE WAY to zero and then goes back up to where it should be. Sometimes, it even shuts off the engine in neutral, and then when you put it back into gear, engine turns back on. Hope this will help problem

Quote:
hmmm....please explain to me how it could be a belt?
Quote:

just to restate what i had b4

idle A/F is on average 15 to 17 on AEM Wideband
idle is also a little rough "900rpm to 1100rpm" i would imagine bc of it being lean
while driving normal it is 14.7 to 15.8
and while full throttle it is 15 to 16.7
that is seriously lean!
and its not knocking nor pinging......please explain this retardedness.....
Thread jack. You are confusing others with your info and my info. NO, NO on your part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
10-12 is low for vac.. you've got a leak or you've got a cam off a tooth.. idling rough at 900RPM with step 1 hks's... nope.. RAS can't cause the failure you're describing.. don't worry about them..

Cam tooth could be off, but I don’t know for sure. Like I said, I had shop do whole head all over. You are confusing djgrasman info and my info. Mines don’t idle rough at all. I think it SHOULD idle rougher or sound less quiet with cams bc after the first install of cams, it sounded kind of like a dragster at idle.

Last edited by bl3ujay07; 11-22-2008 at 01:29 PM..
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote