View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I believe due to the design of the housings, even putting the spring perch at its highest setting still results in lowering the car an inch or so. That's according to some S13 guys like McCoy. Don't know its effect on the s14.
Here is mine adjusted about 1/4" down from the top of the perch with 6" 550lb springs. I could probably drop the car another 1-2" easily without fear of running out of suspension travel, but due to the hilly area I live in dare not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
GC's explanation is that the barrel shape provides more clearance on spring compression so there is no coilbind (makes sense, i guess).

If I start running into problems with tire clearance, I can always change springs . . . and call Hypercoil
You should be ok, the spring should be above the tire enough that this shouldn't be an issue up front. If it is, that's the beauty of these, ERS springs (or hyperco) can be found almost anywhere.

Here's mine with the current ride height... those are 255 RA-1's on a 17x9.5 +28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
if you used AGX's instead of Koni's... you'd shave like, what, over a grand off of that
I've driven on AGX's and GC's and it's no comparison to driving on Koni 86XX's. They also can't handle the spring rates that the koni's can and you can't lower your car without taking the chance of blowing them due to bottoming out.