View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 02:38 AM   #163
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point
Time to do a little 6 speed work! I am doing a S15 six speed swap on my blacktop S13. I will be making a custom drive shaft and be running a S15 HLSD with a 3.69 ring gear to get the S15 stock gear ratio. Here is what I had found out installing my SR20DET 5 speed VSS drive gear onto the outputshaft of the S15 6 speed. Hope his info helps people!

S13 VSS Drive gear was bored out by hand from 25.0mm inside diameter to 27.9mm using a round file (I have seen some people say 28.0mm but I kept checking it with my caliper and got 27.9mm...). The steel ball that keeps the drive gear rotating interdependently from the shaft sticks out 5.1mm when installed in its hole. I used a small green rotary tool bit to make the half circle in the drive gear deeper to fit the ball. I then used two a 1-1/18 inch external snap rings to secure the drive gear from moving up or down. to do this I had to take off a mil or two off the top and bottom inside portion of the gear and notching out a place for the ends. It fits well and the S13 VSS installs smoothly and seems to spin nicely when I spun the output shaft when it was all back together. I know people have talked about doing this but I might e the first S13 guy to try it lol! If you are interested in any more details/ methods/ tools just let me know and I can help.

Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote