View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #20
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
So, this is an interesting concept right. Because a tuner by definition should also be a mechanic, a technician, programmer, should have a solid foundation in the workings of an internal combustion engine. Amirite?

As such, all ECU, doesn't matter if its a power FC, AEM, haltech, megasquirt, big stuff, etc... ALL work the same. They ALL have a fuel map, a spark map, and configurable inputs/outputs that operate on the same basic principles of voltage, pulsewidth, wavelengths, triggers/switches, etc...

So for instance if I had never touched an AEM... I should still be able to figure it out within a few minutes just by looking through the software. the best tuners can write your fuel map and ignition map before you even start the car, by doing some basic algebra and using instinctive knowledge about engines, regardless of what kind of computer is installed. Any "tuner" that says "I only tune X computer" isn't actually a tuner.
Your theory is right but some people just feel comfortable with what they know its just the way the world is. They might be able to do it but its going to take time and time is money when the car is sitting on the dyno.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote