View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
UniqueAutoCreations
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
UniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the rough
The corner of the speaker sits pretty close to the back of the grill on the door panel when mounted. That being said, I managed to space a pair a little with a sheet of craft foam paper. I just made a gasket for the speaker frame to sit on that sandwiched between the speaker and the BA Plate. I think overall spacing after the foam compressed was about 1/8" if memory serves correct. Craft foam paper can be purchased at most any arts & craft store for $1-2. It's super cheap. Unfortunately there is just not that much extra space since this kit is putting a much larger speaker here than was originally intended.

However if you made some sort of spacer for the factory grills you may be able to get some more room. I haven't tried that yet, but with a little creativity I can't see why it wouldn't work. I guess it just depends on how much extra space you need.

Thanks for your interest!