View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
This is where things went bad.

On Nov 22nd 2011, I was working with someone and stopped at Mc Donald's. he drove away pretty quick and I was trying to see where he was going, so after my bite of food I set my food on the seat and drink in the ashtray spot and backed out started to drive forward,

BOOM! I was barely outta the clutch and bumped into a concrete light pole. the big mac and sweet tea ended up on the passenger floor. looked up and saw the hood kinked. mean while there was about 3-4 manager/corporate guys in the double lane drive-thru watching this all go down.. so I shut the car off, pulled the ebrake and jumped out. saw the broken glass head light. said the F-word a buch of times and called the wife. then AAA. I coasted the car back and into a parking spot. the manager must have called a guy out and sweep up the glass from the headlight. so after getting the run-around between the police and AAA, they sent a rollback out to get me and take the car home.

I remember a while ago someone noticed this. so I made a collage.

after getting it home and inspecting the damage. there was no frame/engine/radiator damage. just body damage to the bumper and fenders.

after I took the bumper/fenders/hood/lights off my uncle and I hooked the car to a pole in the driveway and my step-dad beat on the core support while backing up so I could straighten the radiator hose back to normal.

deciding a day or 2 after that the no body panels would line up with the core support I chopped it off.

folded the wiring back

first cut

GONE!

I started to think how I was going to fix this since I sold the silvia nose cut core support to a friend. I pulled the engine and put in on a stand and covered it till I needed to work on it.

I ended up deciding on tubs and a front end like this...

2011 was warm enough through December that I could work in the driveway and weld the tubs in place. so out with the old in with the new.

stripped the OEM seam sealer and welded/patched parts of the frame and bay.

one side done, onto the other side.

tubs done and back on the ground.

my father in-law let me put the car in their 1.5 car wide garage and work on it in there. since it was inside I started on the chassis wiring in my living room. don't mind the alien eyes dog.

started with a rats nest.

slowly started to separate and run the wiring from the SMJ to behind where the A/C box was.

layed it on the dash bar and figured out where it needs to be routed/lengthened/shortened and where I needed to make the splices for soldering.

most of it tucked away nicely.

I finally ordered the loom and heat shrink to finish it.

brake booster

wiper motor.

time to get back to work on this thing.

pulled up the street around the corner to my uncles garage and suspended it on the engine hoist.

put some stuff on the motor and plugs some holes to degrease it with super clean. (this stuff is AWESOME)

after the cleansing, back on the stand it went for teardown and paint.

oil pan off

remember when I built the head in 2009? well i dropped a washer and it fell down into the oil pan after trying to grab it with a skinny grabber tool. it was there for 2 years and 10-15kmiles...

front covers off

pulleys and brackets off and ready for paint

painted front covers, oil filter neck, thermostat housing

laid out and lined up for paint

all cleaned up, painted, and back on with new seals.

oil pan on, with nothing inside of it...

took the engine to the car to start on the wiring for that. had a helper come out to the garage for a little.

engine in for engine wiring mock up.

engine in for engine wiring mock up.

started with the injectors, coolant temp sensors, and crank angle sensor wires.

loomed and plugged in.

MAF plug

coil cluster

starter wires

you can see the routing of the wires.

test fit radiator

with most of the engine harness done. i figured i would finish the chassis/interior/lights harness.

made a ground block that bolts to the body.

cluster has power.

dome light and radio power.

all lights working.

cont.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 02-21-2017 at 05:43 AM..
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote