View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
People sell their t25's really cheap on here. The gpop kit after shipping is about $100 bucks.

I rebuilt my t25 with that kit in plans on using it for a while, but ended up selling it and picking up the s15 turbo before using it.

I did not have the turbo balanced after rebuilding it...I marked it in many many places using different colored paint markers. THe person I sold it to never contacted me afterwards, so I can only assume that it has been working alright.

It is pretty neat getting the experience of rebuilding the turbo. Honestly, the most difficult part is this little multi-layered washer that you have to slip under a lip inside the center cartridge.

However, as your compressor housing and wheel are FUBAR'd, I would recommend spending what you would on just the rebuild kit and buying a used t25 in the for sale section. OR, if you could afford just the turbo, you could run the s15 turbo with stock injectors as long as you keep the boost low, until you could afford s15 injectors or larger, MAF, and tune.
Thanks man. If it is hard/that bad I might hit you up if that is alright?
The total would come to $400 all said and done.. ($150 for gpop's high performance 360° kit and about $240 for the GT2560R compressor wheel and housing brand new.

And wait?? I CAN run an S15 turbo with no adverse effects on driveability or reliability? (Given I keep boost low...)??? I will be driving the car like I f***in' stole it once she's running.. So.??

Jr_ss. I do not see how gaining some experience in rebuilding a turbo would be a waste of time or money. Seems to me it'd be very valuable experience..
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote