View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #15
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
I don't even think you can define "purist" anymore.

Look closely to videos coming out of japan now a days, they run cheap parts all the time too. Knock off wheels, crappy steering wheels and interior parts, generic suspension arms galore.

I think a lot of us see Japan and the "purist" mentality through rose colored glasses.

In reality, as long as the cars are true to style, I don't think anyone really cares anymore. Just keep it lowish, painted one color, and cohesive in the chosen style and it should always look good. Of course I respect people out there still doing it by the book with all legit everything, but when I see kids running US market or replica parts, I really can't be mad as long as it looks like it was put together with care.

As for my own car, I follow the 00' styling, but my parts are about 50/50 replica versus real. Basically if its key to safe and reliable operation like a radiator, clutch, diff or turbo, real parts only. But for things like aero, intercooler piping, exhausts and the like, I really couldn't care less.