View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #21
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
The real problem with S-Chassis cars is people who don't have money drive them. People start out in an S Chassis and then move on to other platforms. S Chassis cars are old, they are tough to get loans on because of their age, or cluster swaps so mileage isn't accurate. No bank will loan money on a car with a known swapped cluster or a 1990. Even if you do find a bank would lend on this car, they sure as shit aren't lending $30,000 on it, they will loan KBB value on it, or about $2,000. Someone with $30,000 is smart enough to know they shouldn't buy a car for $30,000 that is worth $2,000 to his insurance company. This car will be nearly impossible to sell as is. Sell the roller for $2000 and keep the drivetrain. You already acknowledged you're going to take a loss. I don't think you realize how big of a loss you're going to have to take to get rid of it.

Why are you selling it? Why not just finish it and enjoy it? I look at it like this, you could probably finish the car for $5,000 or sell it and it would cost you god only knows how much in the loss you'd have to take to move it. Then while you're enjoying it, have a for sale sticker on it. Maybe someone sees you run a 9 sec quarter mile and loves the car and pays you close to what you want for it. In non-running condition, you're going to have SUCH a hard time selling.

Best of luck to you anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk