View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #59
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
I'm not aware than any santioning body doesn't allow wrap around mounting any more. Do you have anything to prove that? I just checked SCCA and NASA general rules for 2008 in the Driver restraint section and they made no mention that wrap around mounting is not allowed. And why wouldn't it be? A wrap around harness is going to be stronger than a bolted in harness. Just look at the possible failure points. You have a bolt in single shear holding in each shoulder strap. And with the eye mounts the load is concentrated more on a small edge of the harness. But even ignoring that and assuming everything equal, I would trust a roll cage to hold me in place over 3/8" bolts in single shear.

But my main point, was why have the harness guides if you aren't going to use them?
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote