Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
he didn't do anything clever. he painted policemen making out and the queen sitting on some hooker's face. those aren't statements, they're just there for shock value, and then some doofus interpreted them as something else. and then some painting of an AT-AT got mistaken as a banksy pic, and the internet found out about him. the end.
Same shit can be said with Shepherd Fairley if you want to talk about mainstream appeal...along with a gang of other famous new age "urban" artists

I never really saw all of Banksy's work until I read through his book

But I think any art that inspires or creates change in thought in another human being is good art

So to say he didn't do anything clever is quite the understatement

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote