View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
ghostly240

Trader Rating: (0)
ghostly240 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 blue smoke help

Hi, I have a 1992 240sx with a ka24de that I just recently purchased. now this a tough boy because its read 247,xxx on the odo. I have no idea if it's the original engine.

Well, everytime I come out of 1st at a light or stop,when ever i rev it, and when im in reverse, it likes to blow blue smoke. It's pretty noticeable. It doesn't blow smoke when I idle or anything. And some days, it just won't blow smoke at all. The car doesn't have overheating issues at all.

I've replaced the spark plugs, wires, and did an oil change with 5w-30 high mileage syn blend. There's no signs of coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant.
I recently did a compression test at school and got:
1 - 190
2 - 185
3 - 195
4 - 190

So that basically tells me the hg isn't bad, which im curious about since it has so many miles on it. The car does kind of like "pop". not a misfire, or any backfire. doesn't sound like an sti. but like a little pff from the exhaust, especially if i hold it at 2k you can hear it.

When i bought it, the dude said he only drove it here and there because it was going to be project car but he never got around to it. it has a straight pipe welded megan racing exhaust if that has anything to do with it.

I read a lot of threads and stuff about ka's blowing blue smoke and the only thing I think it could be is the valve guides. If it is, should I just replace them or just buy a new head?
ghostly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links