View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
Get a good computer and tune the setup on the dyno... The higher compression will help spool the turbo and it will be completely safe once tuned...
In the case of the OP. Your'e absolutely right. 9.5:1 ratio is not that high. It's actually my preffered CR so it not to lazy off boost. We just got to finish the same setup I sold to a friend running a reflashed S13 KA24DE ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
I just want to take this opportunity to reiterate that compression has nothing to do with spool rpm of a turbo.
While it may not be significant in regards to the OP setup. Having high comp does assist on faster spooling a larger turbine turbo. My KA-T is on 11:1, E85 and Holset..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve15 View Post
So I don't have to worry about compression to run a turbo?
If your'e just refering to CR between 8-9.5 all you need is a solid tune on the best pump gas you can get 91-93.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
It's been my understanding that compression will affect the power made before the combustion chamber sees boost. It may also increase the risk of detonation, which will dictate the kind of fuel you will have to use to prevent it.

You should be fine putting a turbo on an NA SR, a 9.5:1 CR is generally considered to be at the upper limit of conservative.
Agreed..

Here's a pic for the OP...

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote