View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
There various thread on NRR already dealing with these topics
one of the more extensive ones:

Roll Center.....again - Nissan Road Racing Forums

good topic, I've seen the suspension set up of a Porsche GT3 Cup car and it floored me
just like our cars they're McPherson struts up front with a independent arms in the rear
I want that in my car

That's my thread on NRR - lots of ideas got shot down in there, haha.

One of them was modifying the inner pick up point. You affect a lot more then just the roll center when you do it. There is more then enough room to drill a hole above the stock location and move the arm up a good inch. I was steered away from that by the guys on NRR though so I would listen to them.

Also, my rear arms are corrected more then stock, I just don't have any spacers on them yet. You can see the slight angle difference from my toe arm and LCA. I should be able to get it mostly flat, but I've got to track down the proper spacers.

Also, you don't necessarily want the roll center back to the factory location. The 240 wasn't exactly a performance monster from the factory. I haven't done enough research to say what might be optimal...so going for straight LCAs is a good goal for now. I'll be able to fine tune it as I drive it.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote