View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #21
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Better dampers will "feel" a lot more comfortable than the cheap coilovers, regardless of spring rates. I'd throw a Koni Yellow or Bilstein setup on there unless you want to spend the $ for Koni 86XXs. The only real problem with the Yellows is that you get a pretty good damper but limited front travel, which obviously causes problems. Since your title said "one piece", I'm guessing you mean an OTS coilover set...then I can't contribute much. KWs come with softer springs and have a decent damper in them, but price is fairly high. There is hope though...I went from Stance GR+ to Koni 8611 and the skitteriness is gone. It feels great on old worn MXs on the (really crappy) Chicago streets, so I can only imagine how nice it'd be for some real driving.