Originally Posted by Krinkov
well they are very close but there are slight differences,
EVO rotors
Front = 320mm
Rear = 300mm

STI
Front = 326mm
Rear = 316mm

another interesting note is that the EVO front rotors are 32mm wide whereas the STI fronts are 30mm wide. They use the same Brembo caliper but the EVO actually uses 1mm skinnier brake pads! so you can use EVO pads on STI and just be short a bit of pad life(Ive dont this on my STI) but you cant use STI pads on an EVO unless you turn the rotors down 2mm. Some companies, Like EBC, only make one part number for EVO and STI pads and just cheat STI guys out of 1mm on each pad, lol.

One other difference in the fronts, besides the diameter, is the hat height(offset) the STI(53mm) is almost identical to the 300ZX(54mm) whereas the EVO is 43.5mm. Since Im designing custom brackets anyways, I can make them to whatever offseet they need to be to fit, though all things being equal, the EVO rotors will move the Brembo caliper about 10mm closer to the wheel than the STI or Z32 rotors, so that could be a clearance problem depending on what wheel your running, the best combo might be EVO rear rotors and 05+ STI(%X114) front calipers to keep the offset as close to stock as possible, and they're 6mm bigger to boot!
HAHAHA bastards, great information! Short of pad life indeed, although minimal. I know of some companies that work in the opposite