View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
You're fine. I'm one of those guys who starts a thread, ruins it and magically updates when i feel like it.

275-40-17 on a 17x9 +35 or +37. I dont remember if i put the centers on these wheels right. One pair has a larger back pad than the other but fits flush with a roll. Tire stretchers are mad bro. Got tires for free. Wanted something with grip to do some damage in straight lines with for a little. Still on kyb gr2 shocks back there with rsr springs. I have drop engineering coils up front and the rear pair is in my room for when the drift magic happens.

And the motor.....

All vg30e are the same. The 71c used in my car came from a 240. The bellhousing and front seal plate need to come from a 300zx z31, S12 turbo with with the 3.0 in it (not CA18det)....

I'm not even going to recommend you use a 71c. I hate those things. They're crap. 1-2 shift grinds and work gear teeth are COMMON. I've asked ALOT of people and made ALOT of phonecalls and seen alot of messed up gearboxes and now know WHY.

Get yourself a 30a or cut the bell off your atx and weld it on something strong. Like a t56, R154 or something like that. You dont want to do the job twice and if you drive your d21 like i do mine.....you're gonna want a box that will hold up to anything. Me and the d21 get down and dirty ALOT. Automagic banging off limiter sideways as hell rooster tails for daysssssssss.

In the end it's your money and you gotta drive the thing. Again, if you want the same trans i have they come attached to sr20's, rb20's, ka24de's and z31/s12 vg30e's. Gears are all the same. Only change is bellhousing and the front seal plate the tob and pivot ball sit on.