View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Think I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. Not sure why dudes have such a hard time talking about mental health. I'm one of those dudes though. My friends are way more open to it ( they see therapists and openly talk about problems in a very direct way).
I think I'm still accustomed to the "Keep your head down and keep working at it" so I tend to bury things and hope they go away, knowing full well it never goes away. I guess I really don't have much to complain about, so I don't. If I really tried I could complain but these would really be first world problems. Money isn't a problem, there's food in the fridge, I've got a good relationship with my family as a whole ( Some strain with my father but what dude doesn't? ), my gf and I get to live pretty nicely, and I don't know anyone directly who's truly struggling.

I just feel like I'm behind compared to people my age, ( Don't have a main residence, but an investment rental property, not married, no kids ). I don't know if I'm going in the right direction in life.

I agree with Tuzzio, housing market blows. I thought I made ok money until I was contacted for a position literally double my salary. Being here 3 years and I STILL can't get a house that I like. I legit want the same style house I grew up in but in a better area, didn't know that meant a $600,000 house in Pa. An equivalent house in Santa Ana, Ca or Irvine sells for almost 3 mil. I think over the past 2-3 years that we have been house hunting, and offering on homes, it's really taken a toll on me. I've been the highest offer a few times, but I've lost out on homes because of wanting home inspections, so they take 30-40k less from someone else. Granted, the home inspection isn't thorough like I thought they would be, but it doesn't harm anyone to get one.
I still have some buyer's remorse on a house I did not buy, I was talked out of it by my dad. This was about a year ago, nothing since then.
Just blows that once I FINALLY had some coin saved up, the pandemic happened. If it was 2019, I'd be in a McMansion in a nice area. That really messes you up to know that 2-3 years of your life was lost due to circumstances out of your control. I refuse to settle.

Apart from that, I just want my friends and family to be alright. I worry about them all the time.

Well that's about it for me. Is everyone else doing ok?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote