View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #113
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Finally got my winter vehicle up and running so now I can start working on the s14 again.

The month of December may be slow for the build since I wont be sending it off to Patience Metal Fab to get the roll cage put in until the beginning of January.

First thing was to start getting rid of all the extra junk that has been piling up over the summer, especially the parts car which had basically had almost all of its good parts transferred onto the white car I built.

So there was now room in the shop to start tearing the s14 down and to start prepping for the roll cage.

Also cleaned up the open diff that is now welded up, should work a lot better then the vlsd dif that was about at the end of its life.

Right now I am currently trying to figure out how to tackle my sunroof situation. I have been talking with a shop that does after market sunroofs if the have any way to replace my electric sunroof with a manual one. I have also picked up another used sunroof to replace my broken one if I decide to go that route. The main concern is just that when the cage is in the car what do I do if the sunroof breaks again?

Also thought about the possibility of making a mold out of the sunroof glass and either making a plastic or fiberglass duplicate of it that matches the contour of the roof line while attaching with a few bolts and brackets so that it can be painted to match and also be removable.