Thread: rota grids
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
510_jøé

Trader Rating: (0)
510_jøé is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicArtist View Post
The majority of the 'broken fake wheels' threads originate from people who have bashed their cars into walls or curbs.

BIG SURPRISE

I've driven/drifted hard on replica and 'real' wheels, and have been fine. Only wheel I've ever broken was when I smashed an XXR into a curb, it broke a chunk out of the lip, hit the curb at around 45mph, what do you expect.

I have a problem with people calling them 'fake', because they're still wheels. They're just replicas of wheels that established wheel companies have already made. Biggest difference is in the casting/forging process. It's cheaper to cast a single piece aluminum wheel than to make a forged 3 piece wheel, which is why Rotas and XXR's are cheaper.

thats kinda what i thought too people crashed into something therefor screwing up their wheels but if that is the case from what you are saying rotas should hold up just fine right

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysS13ka View Post
my buddy has been drifting rotas for atleast 2 years on and off the track and they seem to be holding up..
really no problems?...is your friend also on zilvia...i kinda want to shoot him a pm
510_jøé is offline   Reply With Quote