View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #245
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Man I am SOO glad you didn't totally destroy the car at Super D.

Man I am SOOO pissed at myself that I did not look at your car more closely while I was there, I didn't even realize it was yours!
I'm glad i didn't destroy my aero also. I did do some damage to it but not horrible

4/11/18

I went to Justin's shop with some of my friends that were heading to super d with me. The plan was to leave on the 11th at night to socal and tune the car on the 12th then test for super d on the 13th for a couple hours. That didn't work out well haha.

So on the 11th We started doing all the little things and wiring everything up so I would be able to tune. Wiring and installing the interior ended up taking way longer than we thought it would and Justin and I stayed up all night wiring and installing the interior. We ended up finishing the wiring and interior install around 8-9am on the 12th. We werent completely done with the wiring but we got all the important stuff wired and I was fine with that. I was supposed to be on the dyno in socal at 9am on the 12th and now I was unsure if I would be able to get dyno time on the 13th and be able to drive super d. Here are some pics from that night.

I installed the front bumper to see how the headlight tint looked with the paint

We got the interior from the upholstery shop and I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality of the work that was done

We put the car on the ground for the first time and I forgot how low the car was

I was ready to load the car up and head to socal when the door poppers didn't work properly so we had to adjust them and make super they would be good to go. Finally got the car all loaded up around noon then we went to grab food and fill up the tank with 100 octane

Mark Vasilyuk took this awesome picture of the car while I was taking a little break from working on the car

Jason Kim from Rival Autoworks told me to be at apexi at 9am on the 13th for a tuning session. We got to our airbnb in Pasadena around 11pm on the 12th and we had to unhook the trailer to fit the truck in the airbnb since there was no street parking allowed at the place we were staying. I woke up around 6 am so I could pack the truck back up and hook the trailer back up and then get to Apexi in Orange by 9am.

It was super rad seeing this fd sitting at the shop.

Danny from unrivaledtuning was nice enough to tune my car last minute. He did amazing work! broke in my motor than tuned it. I'm extremely happy with the results of the tune and the response of the motor

After the tune was all done and we loaded the car back up it was about 9pm. We were going to head out to super d and camp out but I was told they locked the gates and we wouldn't be able to get in so we made the decision to not go to the track and try and get some real sleep before super d killed us. Got to the track around 7 so we could go to the 8:30am drivers meeting and the gate was locked. When we got there the pits were already packed with cars thankfully my friends saved me a spot near the track exit.

Day one of super d I wasn't driving as hard as I normally would but this was the first time driving the car in over a year and the motor set up was brand new to me. I got a couple tandems in and was getting comfortable in the car again then all of a sudden my car felt super loose and the back end would just kick out when i was going 5mph around a corner. my friend yelled at me that i was leaking when we were at the last corner so I drove off track. I got off the track and saw my oil pressure start to drop so I shut the car off and pushed it into my spot that was about 20 feet away and found out that the drain plug had shot out on track. There was about 3-4 quarts that dumped out of the oil pan in my spot so I was hoping I would be safe. I talked to Miles (baller hauler) and we found out that the threads on the oil pan were stripped so I had to go find a tap big enough to tap the moroso pan. After stopping at 2 part stores, home depot and lowes there wasn't a single tap set up i could use so i grabbed 3 bolts so we could try and thread one in. Miles slit the bolt that was 1 size bigger than the drain plug was so we could try and use it as a tap. That didn't work so he told me as a last resort I would jb weld the bolt I had bought that was the same size as the drain bolt but a different pitch. I decided that was the best bet so I could have the piece of mind of knowing if I just blew up this brand new motor. Here is a photo dump from the first day. I don't remember all the photographers I'm sorry

photo by Dooglestudios

Photos by otrontherun

Dont remember the photographer on this one

photo by tek_z33

photo by Rufino Corrales

BTW I'm an idiot and I didn't put my gopros on so i have no footage. I'll post up day 2 later