View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #20
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Had a friend give me a hand with reassembling the transmission yesterday, ended up forgetting some really important washers so it has to come back apart, but I'm happy to see a complete transmission again. Really happy with the GKTech transmission mount, it looks super beefy.

Got to work on the car for a few hours today. Didn't get much done, but I pulled most of the shit out of the bay and it looks so much better already. Next step is to relocate the fuse box under the drivers side headlight and try to tuck the rest of the wiring down on the frame rails.

Before:

After:

Pretty crazy how much shit is still in there when I look at everything I tore out, filled up a wheel barrow completely and had a pile of AC stuff that I am going to sell.

Took the chance to test fit my intercooler while I was out there today. Fits so snug between the frame rails, would like to have it upside down and let the piping to follow the original intake piping holes, but without some cutting and wedging I don't think its going to be possible. Happy with where it sits overall, piping and bottom of the intercooler will be protected by the tow hooks and the core support which is really nice. Gotta love how meaty it looks with the fascia off too

Left it at this for the day, headed back out next weekend to clean it up and get started on the suspension.

I also gave my buddy an S13 shell I had, he is super excited for the project and I'm helping him with it while I work on the Z. It was left outside with no windows for over a year so it needs some love, we're going to put a N/A SR in it for him to learn how to drift and since I gave it to him I'll be able to drive it around from time to time too. I'll probably be posting random updates about this project here too.