View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
You probably installed the clock spring correctly, but the "brain" for your airbag system may be crapping out. There's a method for putting the Airbag "brain" into diagnostic mode that involves putting the key in the ignition, turning it to the "ON" position, (but NOT starting the car), and clicking the driver side door pin switch three or seven times...sorry I don't remember the procedure anymore...it's been too long.

Anyhow, you need to figure out why the "brain" is flashing the code. Chances are I think the "brain" may be fried. They have been known to crap out. Only way to know for sure is to get your hands on a Factory Service Manual and diagnose the problem.

I had the flashing Airbag Light with my S14 years ago, (before I sold it). Luckily for me, the car was still under warranty when it went out...turns out the "brain" died..... The Airbag ECU can be found underneath the rear bench seats...you'll see it once you pull the rear bench seat out...just look for the wiring harness wrapped with YELLOW tape....that's the airbag system wiring harness...

Hope this helps.

ID