View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #131
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
The next day I had off didnt go as planned exactly. I got a fair amount of work done on the car though. Both doors are now off. It took me a good solid hour of cleaning with multiple rags to get the tar that they glue on the plastic under the door trims on with off one door. This shit is nasty! I went through a good 300ml of prepsol just on the one door!

I pulled the power steering rack off the front cross member also as the cross member needed to be refitted to tie the shell down when we trailer it.

Moving the car failed though as the trailer we'd planned to use turned out to have lapsed rego! Doh. Booked it in to have another go on the following Saturday morning, weather permitting!

Can anyone feel a draft from somewhere? :P

After 1 part prepsol 2 part elbow grease

This is the other door I havent touched yet. There is actually like half as much on this one as was on the other. I really hate this stuff its worse than sound deadening! :P

Dirty door

Clean(ish) door

Front bonnet leaver bracket removed. Will be running pins now. You can see the surface area of radiator without any obstructions now is as big as it gets. Should be a tad better flow now.

Front cross member refitted. Believe it or not this has actually had a good dose of degreaser and afew rags thrown at it already. Needs the full kero bath to get it really clean.

More soon!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote