View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #93
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Hey everyone, I'm back with a bunch of pictures and updates for everyone. Unfortunately it's been quite some time since I've last posted. I had a bunch of computer problems and was terrified I had lost all my pictures (i think its time for an ext hard drive lol), but now everything is better so we can get on with the show.

Last time I updated you guys with the minor wiring harness repair and briefly talked about how my coilover sleeves were seized... Well I never did end up getting them off with all the PB blaster and heat so what I did was cut them off....

Wetting than your gf.

We ended up having to take the grinder to them

Had to be extra careful not to cut into the threads.

Now that those were cut off I could finally remove the springs to have them coated.. or so I thought.

From so much NY salt and the weather conditions the lower sleeves and threads had become fusion-ed together. I had to purchase a thread file from Summit Racing and spending hours running it back and forth through the threads... talk about time consuming...

Almost there..

At some point, new lower sleeves and collars will be ordered from Stance.

After the coilover issue was taken care of, it was time to tackle the rest of the rust holes on the car.

This hole is from a heavy foot lol... on the driver side, right where your heel meets the floor board.

And two pin holes..

Scraped away some of the sound deadening.

I then used a cut-off wheel

If recall we used 16g sheet metal... Here's the patch with overlaps stamped onto the edges.

Test fit.

For the pin holes we used a copper spoon, without that you have a great chance of making the hole even bigger.

Another two sections that needed to be replaced were on the rocker panel. These holes were also replaced using 16g sheet metal.

Hole 1
Before:

After:

Hole 2
Before:

After:

I'll be back tonight with more updates, I have a bit to catch up on but g2g to work!