View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Engine wise, I've decided I'm sticking with the SR20 for now. I really want to run an RB26, but I also want to drive the car sometime within the next 10 years, and the RB just isn't financially viable. Instead, I'll blow all my money on the tractor motor.

I bought this off a friend. No idea what I did with the other pictures of the head, but I will get some more ASAP.

The head was stripped and rebuilt on the standard bottom end (roughly 60,000kms) using all new Brian Crower gear.

- 264 deg. camshafts in/ex with 12mm lift
- Adjustable cam gears
- Single springs with titanium retainers and billet locks
- New or upgraded (I'm not sure, and not hugely stressed) valves
- New valve guides

The engine also had a new oil pump, was decked and a slightly larger than standard Apexi MLS head gasket fitted with an s15 timing chain tensioner (better version I'm told).

When I bought it, my friend pulled it out of his r32 coupe after only travelling about 20,000kms. For the time being, it will stay together as I know it works and will comfortably make 250rwkw which is my eventual aim.

Started buying a few new bits for it:

Rocker cover with shaved breathers and -10AN fittings welded on in place.

Not a fan of the black crinkle coat. Will be getting it blasted and re-painted at some point similar to my friends workshop car. Will have the Ziptie Motorsports logo milled into it too.

While I've been cleaning the motor up, I sent all of the engine brackets away for blasting and repainting in gloss black for that OEM kind of feel.

Have been sorting an oil filter relocation and cooler while I'm at it. TAARKS relocation block, GREX filter housing with inbuilt thermostat and a homebrand cooler core (only because I picked it up for $20).

Greddy Gauges pictured are 2x Temp and 1x Pressure. Have asked my friend at Proximity (the local workshop I keep mentioning) to order me an ATTAIN gauge pod for s13 whenever his next shipment comes through.

Last edited by Joobie610; 12-19-2015 at 09:59 PM..
Joobie610 is offline   Reply With Quote