View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
so the 2006 thread was closed then and we are doing this all over again? Mitatas are fine. Driven all of them, including a monster miata.
The thread by Mike was dated and closed because of its resurrection. This is a new thread discussing the hate/love for these cars. I felt that there was still a healthy exchange of banter going on, and I am curious why people are so damn quick to judge.

Nothing but love here. I think most the hate is bandwagoneers joining the game late.

Modification only, 240s win hands down. There is a sea of parts/options to choose from to really make your car stand out/snow plow. Miata owners are severely limited in choices and there is a shallow market for them.

Taking your average/most common owners of both classes though, I feel Miatas still are a step ahead. Every car I've noticed on Miata.net and CR are, on the exterior, stock as hell. You'll catch guys with lips more often now, but comparing to the 240 herd of sheep, its no contest.

240 owners are the cheapest shits on the planet, and their cars show for it. Mismatched parts, shitty paint, missing body panels, really Frankenstein'd to shit. But their rationalizing of doing so is 'because driftcar.'
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote