View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #16
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
Yeah, I didn't say he was going to, hence the quotation marks. What I meant was that he'll have that green-light, since
there's speculation that McGrady will not be returning to Houston.
yea i know, i saw the quotation marks. that's why i gave examples of other players who think they are better than they really are demanding trades and money and what not because they think they're king shit. even if he has the green light, what will he do with defenses zoned in on him? JR Smith has the green light to hoist up 3s and score, but he's just a role player coming in and out of the starting lineup. i just think its silly that he thinks of himself as "star quality" and a lot of lakers fan bandwagoners thinks he's the 2nd coming of brandon roy or some shit. (i've seen a lot of posters in various basketball forums think ariza will be an all star and claim lakers in 2010, 2011, 2012, etc like theres no competition for them in the NBA... well, before artest signed up for three years i laughed at that, but now i really think the lakers will take it for a few years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I
Kobe is a narcissist and will not let himself go out like some others, braces on both knees and lumbering about like an old man getting crossed over by EVERY new young stud willing to try him.
I used to like Kobe in his early days. when he was a rookie up until about the 2000s era. sometime after that, he got way too arrogant and raped a bitch LOL. (although everyone knows she porked willingly) i was still ok with him until he ran shaq out, but shaq is a clown too. then he tried to do it all w/o shaq and put up great numbers while losing. what really made me lose respect for him was when he started becoming a dirty player and punching white scrubs left and right and quitting on his team against phoenix a few years ago in the playoffs, so he can show people that the Lakers are nothing without him (which is true). sort of how i lost respect for KG since he started acting like an idiot in boston.

but i have to give respect where its due. he is a great player and probably 2nd best shooting guard of all time. he's been the best player in the world for the last few seasons. you're right, kobe probably has another 5 good years or so left since he is 31. 18 years is a long time in the league, especially since he started at 18. you can tell his conditioning is great (unlike tmac who also started at 18, but his body already started breaking when he was like 26, wtf is up with that guy anyways). that's almost as long as Kareem, who played what? 20 years as a big man. guards usually die around their earlys 30s, and for most guards who lose their athleticism and speed, its over. look at Iverson. very few players who have come out from high school has had the durability that Kobe has except probably KG, LBJ, and Dwight Howard. (Monta did, until his stupid moped incident)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-04-2009 at 12:13 AM..
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote