View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #7
oldman_KA_T

Trader Rating: (0)
oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
Owning a car like this in japan is not a cheap nor easy process. Every 2 years we have JCI and inspection, parts are harder and more expensive and you can’t just run aftermarket shit. They’re super picky about loads of things and sometimes it’s just easier to sell / scrap it than fork out hundreds to thousands of $ (in this case. 10s of thousands of ¥) just to keep an old, beat ass Silvia, running. I’ve had my Silvia for about 6 weeks now and it’s still not registered. I had to fork a ton of money for new LCAs / bushings / gaskets and I haven’t even started with Insurance or the other maintenance I have to do. Oil and gas are also pretty expensive out here and it’s a pain in the ass to drive...anywhere really. Driving down the street to a restaurant maybe 2 miles away could be a 3 hour ordeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yes, that is why they do it... but they probably get what? $1,000 for the car? i know that most of the ones that get stripped are owned by average joes not enthusiasts, but still. they could at least take the doors, interior, subframes, ect out. too bad they aren't imported and sold at reasonable prices.
oldman_KA_T is offline   Reply With Quote