View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1A View Post
You're going to want to cut the flange off of the brass spacers you're using inside of the camber plates. That flange will eventually deform from the loads it will see when set up like that. I used a 4.5" cutoff wheel to hack it off, and a file to deburr it when I set mine up.

Also, it kind of sucks that you got the barrel shaped eibachs. With some dealers you have to specify that you want springs with a consistent OD. I'd try to send those back; otherwise you're going to lose more inside wheel/tire clearance than necessary.
Will the brass deforming be that big a deal? The flanged rim is so thin already . . .

I have some non-flanged bearings that are 18mm in length, I can just hack those in half. It'll be easier than cutting off the flanged edge.

I'll give shox.com a call and see if i can trade the springs.

Not too worried about inside clearance, I'm not running any 315's in front yet I think an s14 has sufficient clearance that I'll be ok; kouki fenders are as wide as it gets stock, and i can get a pull if i have to.