View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
HouseElf is an unknown quantity at this point
Big power SR23DET S14 build thread

Hey there Zilvia, my names tyler and i decided to make a built thread on my 240sx. but first ill give you a little back ground on how the car got to were it is today. i picked up the s14 back in november hoping to get into drifting, and to possibly built it for that puprose-

and it already had a slant top SR20det in it, along with stance coilovers with energy bushings, greddy FMIC, WORK Meister S2 rims, Z32 brake/hub conversion, the body kit thats on the car, and i believe that is all. As i started getting used the the RWD, i started getting more into drifting, so i got a Kaaz 2 way LSD, a sparco fighter, sparco deap dish suede wheel and hub, a defi "den" (amber) and a few other things im probably forgeting. and then i broke the front bumper into multiple pieces-

so i fixed it -

after that i decided i needed some new spacers and studs to make the car sit right and it turned out pretty good-

a few weeks go by and hurray me! i broke a rocker arm! -____-

and that was the last time I've driven my car (about 5 and a half months). at first i thought about just doing a small build, gt28r, new exhaust manifold, cams, springs, rocker arm stoppers, new actuator, ARP head studs, you know, little things-

then i got to realizing, well i dont want my bottem end to blow! so i should built that too, and then i got talked into a stroker kit from BC... along with some other goodies-

not a bad idea for a drift car, more torque, more reliability. then some time passed and redline time attack was in vegas for an event. and my buddy had completed his EVO VIII for the purpose of time attack, long story short, his block blew because of a fucked up fuel line (LEAAAAAN).

i soon realized that i did NOT want to built this motor twice and retired it from drifting, before it was to late. fortunatly for me, CP was taking their damn time with my over sized pistons (still havent come in 4 months later). so i decided while the car was down, to do a COMPLETE build on the engine. Darton sleeves, full nasty Portflow head (extensively ported, beryllium copper seating, polished, full spring/rocker arm/valves etc.), Full-Race Ramhorn exh. manifold (t4 flange), PTE6262 DBB billet wheel turbo (.82 A/R), greddy intake manifold, 70mm (or so) throttle body, FULL steel braded lines win an fittings, an FCON V-PRO version 3.3, twin in tank denso fuel pumps with a custom hat, ID2000 injectors, all to run on E-85. of course this isnt the full list, but you get the idea.

sorry these are all the pictures i have so far, the block is not back from sleeving yet, and the head is still out too. as for the rest of my parts they are all going to be shipped out at the same time. and supposidly my exh. manifold is done with coating and on its way back.

then i took into consideration my trans/clutch/DS... luckily for me, the man building my car (Mike Angel) is friends with the owner the retaks 240sx, who just switched to V8 power. so he talked them into selling me their brand new Z32 trans, driveshaft shop chromoly drive shaft, starter, adapter plate, and spec stage 3 clutch. out with the old, in with the new-

(this probably is not all i have done, i tried my best to remember what ive done in what sequence)

so that is where we are at now, i have plans after the drivtrain is complete to go widebody, get a new body kit, paint the car, get new rims, brakes, and cage the interior blah blah blah. so check in and see what the latest is with the car. ill update it as it happens

Last edited by HouseElf; 02-09-2011 at 03:40 PM..
HouseElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links