View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #654
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
So, I've decided to bite the bullet, and upgrade my transmission. But, I'm wondering if you guys could help me out a little. First off, I'm located in Hawaii, so I'm looking for the most cost effective swap. Secondly, I'm looking for simplicity and reliability. With that being said, what kit would you guys recommend?
NOTHING about the 6 speed swap is cost effective. I am not sure what your definition of cost effective is however.

With that said; if you are planning a 6 speed swap, the easy button solution is the Mazworx cast bell housing kit.
If not, then bell hosuing adapter, machining the bell housing, shifter mod, driveshaft, reverse and neutral switches to be wired in and speed signal need to be sorted.

Its several thousand no matter how you look on it. So do yourself a favor and accept it's going to be that much unless you are patient enough to find a smoking deal. Then when you decide, just choose your poison (cut and shut, Mazworx bell cast bell housing or adapter plate)

P.S This is the CD009 swap afterall. However, you do have another Z chassis option; The NA Z32 (those can be had for cheap) swap is a cost effective 5 speed option that will handle 500+ W torque all day long, which comes in much cheaper. You can be all in for less than 1K if you go that route. Apart from that, it's all going to cost you.

Good luck!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote