View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #19
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
what kind of maintenance you talking about j30 axles? they will last long even if you daily drive them. ive been using j30/z32 axles since i got my first s13 and they were fine until one of the axle boots got rip.

if you werent planning to use these vlsd then might as well sell it and go look for j30 6 bolt vlsd.

oh if you try to put the 6 bolt output shaft from open diff its not gonna work. they are shorter compare to an output shaft that came from a vlsd.

next time you buy a part research it, it saves you time and money.
As for maintenance, i meant simply that i have sets of s13 6 bolt axles and they are easier to aquire where i live than j30 axles. and since i put about 400-500 miles on my car a week, speed of maintenance is concern and any day of the week i can get 240 axles, i cannot do so with j30s.

I am planning on using this lsd, so i dont know what you are talking about.

I know i cannot use open diff outputs in my vlsd, which is why i am trying to obtain the correct outputs.

I did research it, but as demonstrated by this thread alone, there is so much miss-information out there, that it hard to tell exactly what you are getting until it is in your hands. I knew what i was getting would work and there were multiple ways to make it work. this thread was meant simply to clarify exactly what i have so that i know, once installed, how to maintain it and know i did it correctly. Is it so wrong to gather information and experience from other people on this forum?
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote