View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 11:59 AM   #2
aack

Trader Rating: (0)
aack is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I can't tell you if the output shafts will fit your car because I don't know your car. I'm almost positive that S13's came with 6 bolt output shafts while S14's had 5. Because of all the mixing and matching that can happen with R200V, I would check your car. That Q45 in that picture has 5. The output shafts can always be changed to the other type but just note, there is a difference between open and lsd shafts.

Every Q45 or J30 you try to get a diff from will have ABS. They will all have that extra 1/4in or whatever it is that will push your driveshaft forward. Most people run it with no problems, but I didn't because I didn't want to resize and didn't want to deal with diff bushings. It's possible to swap Q45 internals into open diff pumpkin but after the headache I went through, I wouldn't recommend it. So up to you.

Another tip, spin the wheels and make sure they both spin forward with little to no play. I've found J30 vlsds in the junkyard that were flogged out and acted like open diffs even though they were genuine lsds from the factory.

Here is everything you need to know about years and what to get: http://ka24development.com/vlsd.html
aack is offline   Reply With Quote