View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #146
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
Man, it seems like I really know how to get your panties in a bunch. I take it people don't call you out all that often, do they? It is about what was on the car from the factory. The NHSTA has pretty strict laws on what can be done to a vehicle's lighting. I'll have to dig up the specific articles I read pertaining to HID on cars which weren't available from the factory with it. And what does where I live have anything to do with what I see on the road? Have you ever been here? No. You don't have one clue as to what drives around here. It's not like I'm in the boonies, after all. Sure, it may not be SoCal, LA, whatever... but there are still some damn nice cars rolling around. Also, what do you know about my car? Do you know what parts are on it? What's been done to it? What I think about quality parts? Not a damn bit, cocksucker. Your childish, "I'm always right" attitude shouldn't have gotten you this far in life, truthfully.
Did you mean the NHTSA?

FMVSS 108 Covers vehicle lighting. NHTSA does not approve light designs. The Manufactures self certify. Theoretically ixfxi can self cert his retros as new manufacture. I do not know if he does. But they are not illegal until NHTSA says they are.

Section

What you have to understand is that the Issue with HID "Kits" is totally different then Retrofits. Kits are illegal cause you can't replaces a Halogen Bulb with a Xenon bulb. Retrofitting the whole Reflector and Lens assembly that uses Xenon Bulbs does not apply to this judgment.

Light Source List
Mr. Jeff Deetz, Sales Manager, Santeca Electronics, Inc., 7215 East 21<sup>st</sup> Street, Suite D, Indianapolis, IN 46219