View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #91
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

I'm into drifting. 3 or 4 years ago, PBM was all the rage. I fell into the hype, bought their coils, arms, subframe risers the whole nine yards.
Only to have all that bullshit flipped on it's head when Naoki, grass roots drifter put everything we thought we knew about drifting on its head.

Dude slays formula d drivers in 600hp cars with all of the leading edge suspension mods on the most technical courses. But he does this with the fabled 15+ year old suspension and tuning you're downplaying.
Im not going to detract from his ability in that car. Nor am I going to detract from anyone's driving on the west coast. But I wasn't terribly impressed when I saw that event at Grange. That being said, we all have the potential to drive like he does on a dusty 2nd gear track like Grange, Sonoma Sportsland and Balcony in similar cars.

I also wish to make a little note about US drift culture where people overbuild cars beyond what their abilities require. Not saying that anyone in particular is guilty of that, but only wish to point it out.

What separates us from guys like Nakumura-san is seat time.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links