View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
S13 No Headlights (Motors Work, Running Lights Work)

Car: 1990 S13 pop-ups

Issue: No headlights at all, no high-beam indicator light when high beams are turned on. I tested power to the headlight fuses (numbers 7 & 8) in the fuse relay box under the hood (passenger side), no power is reaching those fuses.

What I've checked so far: I pulled every fuse in the fuse box and fuse relay boxes, none of the light-related fuses were out. Also moved around the 3 retract relays just to make sure there weren't any issues there - the lights go up and down plenty fine. I also unplugged the headlight timer assembly to see if it changed anything. Other than preventing the headlights from retracting at all when unplugged, I don't think it's broken but I'm not entirely sure if it also controls the power to the headlights (see below).

I also bought a new blinker/light stalk for the steering column to eliminate that possible issue.

My question: What else is in-line between the light stalk and the fuse relay box under the hood? I'm unclear as to whether or not the headlight timer assembly also relays power from the light stalk to the headlights, or if it is just for the headlight retract relays and the up and down motion of the headlight motors.

Could my issue be with the headlight timer assembly or is there something else at-play that I'm missing?

Thanks ahead of time.