View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #21
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Wow. . . Can't believe I haven't updated this thread in a while. . .

So, I sold my V70R a while back due to the amount of driving I was doing for work. Going through 3 tanks of gas a week was killing me and a low production car like that (IMO) shouldn't be subjected to daily driving conditions that I regularly face.

Oddly enough, I sold the car to my friend Briggs who had begun making downpipes for these cars, and to date has build about 40 downpipes for customers, shipped them all over the world (Russie, Belgium, etc), and is planning to expand his product line for these cars now!

Recently he made a pie cut over engine pipe (intercooler hot side for us Nissan enthusiasts), not sure if he plans to make a jig and pump these out at volume, but the possibility is there.

As you can see, fitment is on point! Love Briggs work here!

So... you might be asking yourself, "If you sold the car, why are you bumping an old thread for a car you no longer own?"

Well, I'm back in the market for one. After driving a beater hybrid for work, so that I can maximize my mileage reimbursement, I'm noticing that I'm slowly losing my soul as a car guy. Amid being a dad, a husband and having a stressful job in healthcare, I'm slowly realizing I miss what I'm at a my core, a gearhead.

So look for some updates soon, I'm trying to find a manual trans V70R, but they are literally unicorns.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote