View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
$33K in 93, damn.... What is that like $40-47K Today?
Actually, it comes out to be $54,360. Remember, that was introductory pricing because by the last year the Supra was released (1998) the prices of BOTH Z32 and JZA80 had increased significantly.

Not that I'm comparing apples with apples here, but when I see people selling S-chassis cars for 6-10k *STOCK* I kinda think its silly because I purchased my `95 SC for about 7k.
S13 was a sub 20k car
95 SC sticker (which I have) was about 45k

Dollar for dollar, you get a lot more car in the used market... but yeah, its a totally different car. S13 is a sporty garbage can. SC is a luxurious garbage can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Totally agree. IMO, the 350Z was Nissan's watered down compromise since they couldn't afford to offer both the S-Chassis & the Z at that time.
Considering NISSAN had just gone through a huge financial pinch, the Z33 really made good sense. I mean, everything on the Z33 is practically a shared component used on some other platform - so in the end, the math works. If you ever really look closely at the Z32 parts (or S-chassis), they may look similar to parts from another model.. but they still have a lot of bespoke parts on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
those fucking mk4's are pigs when it comes to fuel comsumption!!!
I dont think its out of the ordinary. Besides, can you find me ONE performance vehicle that gets good fuel economy? Fuel economy and performance dont go hand in hand. And please, dont post any bullshit battery-box hybrid. People with their unrealistic views of how hybrids are "free mpg" fall flat when it comes time to change/service their battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I always felt that if the Z/G had come equipped with the single turbo VQ30DET, we would not be missing the S-Chassis so much.
For being NA, the current VQ37VHR motors really scream - and though I dislike the V6 configuration - they actually look nice too. Still, I'm such a sucker for straight 4 motors like the SR20DET or straight 6 like the RB/JZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Fucking 2+2 Infinity, so lame.
Dunno, I really like the G35 Coupe since it was first released. G37 Coupe... so-so. And now with all this Q-nonsense... I'm forever confused. I hope that INFINITI will get their heads out of their asses and get the old nomenclature back. Doubt it, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BEBKkul1g

^^ damn just posted, another cool review. These guys are really hitting the nail on the head with all these old school sportscars. Someone IS listening.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote